C# Version compatibility

Feb 8, 2015 at 5:26 PM
I was unable to load the library SharpKML.Core using VS C# Express. The other libraries load correctly, Thinking this was a version problem, I tried both 2012 and 2013 "desktop" versions of Express. The error message is non-informative: "ProjectTypeDeprecated". Any advice on how to bring this into an existing desktop project in 2012? Alternatively, this could be a dependence on the Windows Store components? After tricking out the .csproj file to get the base library to load, I get reference errors for UriComponents in file UriExtension.cs

SharpKml.Core
SharpKml\SharpKml.Core.csproj: The application which this project type is based on was not found. Please try this link for further information: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?prd=12395&pver=11&sbp=ProjectTypeDeprecated&plcid=0x409&clcid=0x409&ar=MSDN&sar=ProjectCompatibility&o1=786C830F-07A1-408B-BD7F-6EE04809D6DB
Coordinator
Feb 9, 2015 at 6:51 PM
The library targets the Portable Class Libraries (PCL), which I don't think are supported on the express editions unfortunately (you can reference the generated DLLs, but you will be unable to load the projects in Visual Studio).

Maybe you could try Visual Studio Community 2013, which I believe is the replacment of Visual Studio Express 2013? Failing that, I think you can edit the project file in a text editor to convert it into a regular C# project that you can open with your installed versions, though the generated DLL will no longer be portable (i.e. it will require the full version of the .NEt framework).

Hope that helps and thanks for trying the library,
Sam
Feb 9, 2015 at 9:03 PM

Thanks.

Daniel Zimmerle

[email removed]

970-581-9945