This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Mono version?

Feb 10, 2012 at 12:18 AM
Hi everyone, I was looking for a C# kml lib for my Android project when I found SharpKml. As I am using Mono for Android, I wanted to know if anyone tried to compile SharpKml for any of the mono profiles? If not, I will certainly try it myself!
Coordinator
Feb 10, 2012 at 1:50 AM

That's a good question! I've recently installed Mac OS X back on my MacBook Air (before I had Windows 7, which I now have in a virtual machine and much prefer, but I guess I'll get used to OS X) so let me get mono installed and I'll let you know tomorrow.

Thinking about it though I can't see any reason it won't work... it mainly needs the classes in the System.Xml namespace, which look to be fully implemented.

Feb 11, 2012 at 1:51 AM

I just opened the solution in MonoDevelop and rebuilt without error (only had to change the target framework to Mono/.NET 4.0). Still need to run the samples but I will post my results as soon as I do it.

Coordinator
Feb 11, 2012 at 10:41 AM

Thanks for trying that!

I've just ran the unit tests (using MonoDevelop 2.8.6.4 running on Mono 2.10.8) and it seems there's a problem with the Uri extension methods (I've probably made some assumptions about the file paths which only work in Windows). This means there might be some issues with resolving links/styles inside a Kml/Kmz file, but apart from that everything should work the same.

I'll open up an issue to keep track of it and I'll make the changes later next week when I incorporate the Silverlight changes.

Feb 13, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Edited Feb 13, 2012 at 10:12 AM

I created a MonoDroid project today for the lib and tested with a simple App. Works fine so far even if I did not include the kmz file format and I did not run the unit tests. Still, if you are interested to include the MonoDroid sln in your code base I packaged it with the latest source:

https://skydrive.live.com/redir.aspx?cid=d56055b8c466eccc&resid=D56055B8C466ECCC!476&parid=root