This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

SharpKML Windows Phone 8

May 3, 2015 at 10:07 PM
Hi guys!

Has anyone used SharpKML in Windows Phone 8? I need it and would be great to have it available.

Regards!
May 4, 2015 at 6:25 AM
The library is built as a Portable Class Library project (and I think I ticked Windows Phone 8 as one of the targets) so it should work fine.

Are you having a particular problem using it or have I not configured the NuGet package correctly so it's not letting you install it from NuGet?

Thanks,
Sam
May 7, 2015 at 9:51 PM
Hi Sam!

I tried to install SharpKml using nuget on my windows phone 8 app, but I couldn't because Nuget doesn't show me the option. The only option that appears to install is SharpKml.Core, but it doesn't work in the same way as SharpKml. Don't know why is that happening :(.

Regards
May 7, 2015 at 10:38 PM
The NuGet package for this library is actually called SharpKml.Core (and there's also SharpKml.Kmz for KMZ support).

I have been in contact with the owner of the SharpKml project a while ago (which is not related to this one) to try to add a notice, as there used to be confusion with people downloading that NuGet package for it thinking it was this library, as I didn't have one for this project, but nothing has happened so far.

If you wish to continue using that library you'll have to contact the author unfortunately, as I'm not familiar with it.

Sorry about the confusion,
Sam
May 8, 2015 at 3:42 PM
No worries Sam. I tried to install SharpKml.Kmz but nugget doesn't show me the option in my windows phone app. Really strange, but don't worry. I found another way to solve the problem.

Thanks! have a nice weekend